Sunday 14 December 2014

A Fairly Bucket Bag for my girl

It was not long ago the I spoted a cute bag on the SewMamaSew  blog. Last year I got myself a slightly thicker fabric with the London map and I knew this one would be perfect to make a bag. I chose different patterns since than but non really suited me but when I saw the Fairly Bucket Bag I knew that is the one.

On my trip to Belfast I had a stop in different craft shops and got myself eyelits for this bag. I was sure that I have rings in my stash and sliders but I could not find them anymore. Even running into the shop in town did not solve this problem. I used left overs from an other bag which I cut up and collected the usable parts.


I used one of those stoppers for the cord so I can really pull it tight and it stays there. I have lots of them from making an other bag ages ago. They came in handy today.


Do you ever change a pattern? I think I do this all the time and call it adapting the pattern to my use. There is a inside zip in the pattern but I wanted to have little pockets on the other one too. Just to put a phone or a pen in. I also added a magnetic button for the pocket. Just in case as I throw everything in the bag. The strip has one of those openers as well so I can take it off quite fast if I need to (I like to carry a bag diagonal over the chest)


This bag is really great and the tutorial is straight forward. It has a good size and with the two layers (I used two heavy fabrics and left the lining out) it has a good body. My girl came home from school and already took it for herself so I have to make the bag with the London fabrics again.

No comments:

Post a Comment