Thursday 19 September 2013

Getting to a finish...

Die letzten Tage habe ich an dem Top vom Modern Irish Bee gearbeitet. Irgendwie wollte das Top nie so wie ich wollte und so habe ich dann auch mal die Naht wieder auftrennen dürfen. Heute ist es aber endlich fertig geworden! Juhuuuu!
The last days I have been working on the top for the Modern Irish Bee Quilt. Somehow it was much more challenging than I thought and the next time if anyone tells me it is not easy I will listen. Finally today the top was finished after haven a good time with Mr Seamripper. Yeahhh!


Es war mehr Herausforderung, als ich am Anfang dachte. Meine Bee-Damen haben alle Streifen mit 10 Dreiecken genäht. Aus zwei Streifen wurde eine Reihe und an die Enden jeder Reihe habe ich noch left overs vom Schneiden genäht. Nur noch Reihe für Reihe zusammenfügen und das Top war fertig. Auch die meisten Punkte sind super getroffen.
A huge thanks to the ladies in the bee. The ladies made stripes made out of 20 triangles. Two of those together made a row. On the ends I put left over from the cutting to get a straight line. Last step was to put the rows together. I am happy how it worked out at the end. The points look good and the colors are mixed well.


Hätte ich noch so tolle Hilfe von den Bee-Damen gehabt, wäre der Quilt wohl eine Idee in meinem Kopf geblieben. Ich bin noch immer begeistert von den Glimma Stoffen. Ausnahmsweise mal keinen bunten Quilt oder mit schreienden Farben. Dezent und doch ein paar Farbtupfer.
If there would not have been the huge help from the ladies I am sure this quilt would have staid an idea and never gotten an (almost finished) quilt. I still like the Glimma fabrics. This will be the only quilt not having bright colors or lots of color.


Nur noch die Rückseite stückeln und dann ab auf den Boden! Leider war der Stoff ein wenig zu schmal also musste noch zwei Streifen eingenäht werden. Nun ist alles fertig zum pinnen. Aber das mach ich morgen. Ich werde dann am Boden herumkrabbeln und singen ...
"Baby, baby, I get down on my knees for you..."
The only thing to be done today was to prepare the back. As the fabric is not wide enough I had to put two stripes in.. So tomorrow I go back on my knees pinning and singing ...
"Baby, baby, I get down on my knees for you..." 


3 comments:

  1. I love it and it is a perfect one for having help from bee friends. Happy pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a triangle quilt and this is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete